Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Guest post: I need to dumb myself down to save my sanity

http://open.salon.com/blog/spittingkitty/2009/08/12/i_need_to_dumb_myself_down_to_save_my_sanity

I am currently feeling like what this article explains... like I need to down some Robitussin (House reference, I'll probably have a lot of these as I love that show) in order to survive.  Because right now, I'm going insane with all of these thoughts in my head regarding all of the crap I have to deal with on a daily basis. 

"Sober" by Tool used to be my favorite song as a teen.  If you haven't heard it, the chorus says, "Why can't we not be sober?  Why can't we sleep forever?" 

But my logical brain knows that if I drink Robitussin or partake in any of the things that will dumb me down, I will not only be doing my body a disservice but my family will also suffer as a result.

I just want one of the two major health issues I have go away.. if I can have just ONE of them resolve, I will be able to handle things a little better.  Please take away either the PMDD or the chronic pain/fatigue/brain fog/etc etc which they have deemed to be "fibromyalgia."  Please take one of them away so I can stop hoping for a nervous breakdown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment